I trained hard for the 10 mile - I was in the gym three days a week and I was running 3-4 days a week leading up to the race. And that training paid off - the race went great, I achieved my goal and am so happy about that. Ever since that Sunday afternoon my drive to work out and get up early to go running has been very limited. On the flip side, my eating has been a little out of control. I am making decisions that I would not have made a month ago and I am not sure why.
I have a lot going on in my life right now that is causing added stress. I had hoped that I would tackle extra stress by overcompensating with exercise but that hasn't happened yet. By the time I get home from my day, have dinner with my girls, get them to bed, do some laundry - it's time for bed and the cycle starts over. This time I am having a hard time getting up at 5:15AM and starting my cycle early. I feel like I have lost my mojo or whatever. I can't really put my finger on it. But I really want to find it.
Here is what I know:
- I miss the fire in my belly that appears when I go running
- I miss having the desire to get up early and get a run in before work
- I miss wanting to cook for myself at home
- I miss wanting to experiment with new healthy recipes
- I miss having the desire to be healthy and active
I have a half marathon to run in 2 weeks. I will be ready to run that race.