There are your typical things that I am thankful for - and not just this week because it is Thanksgiving, but I am thankful for these things all day, every day - my loving & supportive husband, my adoring and loveable two girls, my parents, my inlaws, my brother and his family, my husbands siblings and their families, and all of my wonderful and awesome friends and extended family!
There are a few other things I would like to throw in to that list as well(some of these are not "traditional"):
- Our home: while it is too small and we are bursting at the seams, it keeps me and my family dry, warm, cool and safe regardless what this state's crazy weather patterns throw at us. And it is our place to gather as a family and spend time making memories!
- MOA/Nickelodeon Universe: if you have ever seen the looks on my children's faces when they see the carousel and know they are getting to ride it - this one is self explanatory. We have had so many fun times with our family and friends at the MOA it definitely is a great spot!
- My Honda Element: when I purchased this vehicle a month before I found out I was pregnant with Zoe, I imagined my baby sitting in the car seat in the back and tooling around town without a care - and for the most part that is what has come true! I would have never imagined the amount of funny conversations that Zoe and I would have on our rides to school and to pick up Ava but they honestly are some of my favorite days and times in my vehicle - if I have to be stuck in rush hour - I can't think of a better companion! The girls have developed music interests in that truck, they have spoken new words, and we have had some good times in that truck - we "heart" our Element!
- 30 Day Shred: Jillian Michaels is the devil of the exercise world but I honestly love her! I have been doing the Shred for a little over two weeks and it has helped me with my weight loss and my re-energizing of my mind and body. I feel better every time I do it and it helps me really start the day right.
- Weight Watchers: This may sound funny but I really am thankful for this company - yes, they take my money every month so I can come to their office and sit in a meeting once a week and use their online tools. However, the leaders and online tools have really helped me in my healthiness journey and I know I was not able to do it on my own so for that I am grateful to all of them.
- The numerous blogs that I read on a regular basis: There are a select few blogs that I tune in to regularly, they are inspirational, they are relateable, and they make me feel human! The whole blogging industry has been quite a phenomenon the last couple of years, but I seriously enjoy it and have loved learning about new things, being inspired to taking the first step on my healthiness journey, and remembering that there are people in this world that have so many difficult things going on and they continue to live and persevere!
So, there are a few of the things that I wanted to give the extra shout out to this year! I am so blessed in this world, I have a beautiful family, healthy children and wonderful friends and family!
Please be sure to take a moment and tell the people in your life how much you love them and appreciate them! Life is short, I have to remind myself of that every day, stop and take a moment to let it all soak in!
Have a happy Thanksgiving holiday!